FAQ

Is A & K Electrical licensed and insured?

Yes, we are a licensed, insured and bonded electrical contractor fully capable of handling any commercial, industrial or residential work.

How can I be sure that my electrical installation is safe?

It is advisable to get it inspected and tested by an experienced and qualified technician.

Do I need an electrical service maintenance plan?

Yes, it is highly advisable to get your electrical system checked regularly. This will ensure that all your appliances function efficiently and that your premises are safe.

Why does my circuit breaker trip sometimes?

A circuit breaker is a safety device that protects your electrical equipment and the wiring in your premises. It may trip due to a loose electrical connection. But there may be other reasons. It is best to get it checked by a competent electrician.

Does A & K Electrical provide a warranty on the work it does?

Yes, we provide a 2-year warranty on parts and labor.

How will I know if my premises need rewiring?

It is best to get your electrical wiring checked by an experienced electrician. The deciding factors will be the age of the wires, their condition and whether these pose a danger to your premises.

What are the benefits of a getting rewiring done?

Most importantly, your premises will be absolutely safe and free from the danger any wiring related problems may cause. Additionally, during the rewiring process we can install power outlets where you require them. This will make it convenient for you to plug in various gadgets and appliances.

You may even be able to get a reduced insurance premium at the time of renewing your policy as some insurance companies charge less for premises with new wiring.

Why do my lights dim when my air conditioner starts?

Your circuit may be overloaded or the wiring may have a loose connection.

Will rewiring my premises reduce my electricity bill?

It is difficult to say. But it is quite likely as all the loose connections will be rectified. In addition to this, your premises will definitely be much safer.

When I plug in an electrical appliance into an outlet there is a spark. Is that normal?

A small spark is usually normal. But if there is continued sparking, it could be a problem. It is best to let a qualified electrician investigate.